Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hang on...I will in a minute.

Wow. I think about coming here and doing some serious out-loud thinking, and then that's where it stops. Procrastination, my most finely honed skill.

I have put off exercise, diet, education, confrontation, amends....you name it. I can always convince myself that if I wait one more day, I'll really know what to say or I'll have more motivation or energy or whatever. Oh wait, let me just make a cup of tea and then I'll get right on that.

Well, here's the lesson from the last week or so about postponing things you really want to or need to or should do. If you wait long enough......it's too late.

You won't get to have another laugh, another cry, one more hug, say you're sorry or say I love you. You will just have to carry all of those return-to-sender sentiments around with you for ever because it will be too late.

It won't get any easier to do the hard thing and it will feel great when you do the right thing. See, I know all of this, and yet I have delayed making those emotional overtures to the folks that have gotten further away or with whom I have conflict. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. What? She's gone? That's impossible. I wanted to tell her how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment