Thursday, September 15, 2011

Learning how to love.

I'm still thinking a great deal about the idea of getting what you give. The Golden Rule. My default is so intensely ingrained to do the opposite, to make you prove you love me - to distrust - to wait for you to make the first move - say you're sorry - say you love me - validate me goddammit!

So I'm going to be on this for a while, revisiting and restating in the hope that repetition will bring it from the way way back to the front of my consciousness. That I won't NEED to do the destructive thing for the emotional fix that leaves me ashamed, drained and further away from the person and from my serenity.

The love you take is equal to the love you make. ...Lennon/McCartney

Be the change you want to see in the world. ... Ghandi

To live without risk is to risk not living. ...Pope Pius

You cannot do a kindness too soon for you never know when it is going to be too late. ...Emerson

To learn you cannot make someone love you. What you can do is let yourself be loved.

I realize that learning to express love takes saying the words, feeling the feelings, and taking action. I am going to do all those things today. ...Syd

I want to live this philosophy a little more each day. It's the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment