Monday, September 12, 2011

Thanks for making it OK.

Looking at my usual bloggers during a break at work I come to Mr. Sponsorpants. I love him so much - he totally embodies those people I love most in this life. Oh, and myself. Most of all, myself. Today he was talking about fear which is apparently my default state of mind and definitely the place I respond to the world from.
My fear is what has kept me from living and loving freely my entire life and what continues to whisper in my ear that I am not worthy, that they don't really like me, that someone else would be better, I am just not enough of anything. It has take 50 years to actually see this as possibly not the truth and to consider risking another approach to life and the people in it. I want to tattoo the words in his post on my arm so I have them as a handy reference for those hundreds of moments in any day when I am poised to react in fierce, self-defensive and destructive anger to the most mundane questions or comments from my loved ones .....

Pause.

Breathe.

Be truthful.

Trust.

It takes practice.

Yes, yes it does. And thank you for saying so and reminding me that it can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment